Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rough 72 Hours

You know that saying, it gets worse before it gets better? I damn sure hope that is the case for us, and especially Megan. The last 72 hours have not been a pleasant trip for anyone in the Anderson house. Somehow, I'm the only without a temperature right now, but I still don't feel 100% either. I have no appetite and I've had an upset stomach all day. Andrea has a fever of 100.

After Megans 100+ temp on Thursday, things have not improved. It didn't seem too bad Friday night, but by Saturday afternoon, Megan was burning up. I took her temp at 104, and we called the nurse line. They recommended kids ibuprofen. Andrea ran off to Target to get some, which we gave to her and settled her down for the night. So far Megan does not have any other symptoms that would point to something more serious. (vomiting, diarrhea, etc)

At some point during the night, her fever must have broke, because she woke up in a very decently chipper mood. Her temp was a normal 98 degrees.



By the afternoon, things started going south again. I took her temp at 102 and gave her some more ibuprofen. After that she went into the tired state and stayed there for the rest of the afternoon.



We just got done taking a semi-luke warm bath together, it was the best I could do. She didn't like it very much, but was too tired to complain. Her temp was 101.5, still high but nothing like yesterday. Now she is resting on the couch again.

Needless to say, I'm going to take a sick day tomorrow and we are ALL going to the Doctor. If I had to predict... I would say that her cold/ear infection is coming back with a vengeance. We'll probably try some more antibiotics and see if that helps.

Blog update: It's 9pm and Megan is doing great. She is laughing, active, and even ate some late night food. Her temp is 98.4, so looking very good. It's good to see her with a normal temp late at night when it is typically the highest. Still same plan for tomorrow, because I really want to make sure her ear infection/cough aren't getting worse.

2 comments:

brent said...

that sucks. hope everybody feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'll be curious to hear, but I bet her ear infection is back. With fevers like that I've always been told to alternate tylenol and motrin. Good luck and hope you're all better soon!