Monday, April 16, 2007

Ninja Monday Vanish

Holy crap, 5 days without a post! Been awhile since I had a long break like that, guess I'm slacking. The three day weekend was perfect, just enough time for a little bit of everything: something new, something active, something fun, something relaxing!

Friday we enjoyed our trip to the Water Park of America. We dropped Megan off at daycare at 9:40am and got over to the Water Park shortly after 10am. The locker rooms left something to be desired, with $1.00 one use lockers. Other then that, the park was great! There were 3 solo slides, 2 pair person slides (on a tube), and 1 family tube ride (3-5 people). There was only a line for the family tube ride, so we only did that one twice. We did have one bad incident, when we went down together on one of the pair slides (you go on a large 2-person tube). At the end of the ride we got flung off the tube and I hit Andi in the head with my knee! I also tried to body board on the wave pool thing... very long line, but it was fun (for the 10 or so seconds before I fell off). We ended with a long dip in the whirlpool and a follow up lunch at Don Pablos.

Saturday morning I got a great 10-mile run in with my unofficial running partner. There is a chance we might attempt to run the Get in Gear 10k at the same pace together... More on that later! The weather wasn't too cold at all Saturday morning, so the run was great. Saturday night we visited some friends at a small spring get together.

That left Sunday morning for a quick trip to the grocery store with Megan while Andrea was at church, followed up with a relaxing afternoon of video games and movies. We even had a friend stop by to drop off a Christmas gift for Megan. Heck yes I like Christmas gifts in April! Who doesn't? Finished the night off with a little basketball with my brother and his roommate.

Got out for another great run tonight, the weather was awesome. I just hope that it can stay this way for the next two weeks. Just a few more runs this week and probably one practice pace run, then it's on to looking forward to my first half-marathon: The Heart of the City 1/2 Marathon.

No comments: