Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No News = Good News?

No strep, no pneumonia. That's the good news. Bad news is, we don't really know what it is that is causing Megan's fever. The other good news is that she didn't seem to develop any fever symptoms at all today. For the most part, today was pretty normal although she was still much more moody than normal. It would be great if she finally turned the corner. Just in case, we scheduled an appointment with our pediatrician for this Thursday. If she's done with the fevers by then, I'm sure no more tests will be done, and we'll just never know.

In the meantime, I've had to deal with my own bad decisions. We had this coupon sitting on our board for quite awhile to get 6 free wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. So we ended up going there Saturday night. I started with just a buffalo chicken wrap, but couldn't help but order some potato wedges. They were covered in sooooo much oil, yet tasted oh so yummy at the time. Within an hour of dinner, hell even as we walked out I knew something was wrong. My body just could not handle that level of badness. I never thought I'd actually say it, but I think my body has actually adjusted to clean living?

I won't gross you out with the following 48 hours after that, but last night was rough. I'm feeling better now but learned a pretty tough lesson. I can only hope that my body is back up to speed by this weekend. The weather is looking to be very nice for the run and if I one stupid decision ruins the run for me I'm going to be very upset.

I think I'm going to have to take a mulligan for April. May will be better!

1 comment:

brent said...

i'm getting a bit nervous for saturday. i will try to hang with you for as long as i can.