Saturday, April 28, 2007

Eight from the Gate

Right before the race started today, I came up with my slogan: Eight from the Gate. This is in reference to my desire to run 8 minute miles right from the get go. I started the morning with a 1.5 mile warm up run, and then picked up my bud and headed down to the Minnehaha falls area. There was HORRIBLE traffic. I guess the good weather brought out TONS more people then last year. Luckily, after a few last minute decisions, we found a parking spot a mile from the start. We ran down the starting area with about 20 minutes to spare.

The race was GREAT. I was feeling good from the start and around mile 3 knew that the rest of the race would be exactly what I hoped for. My goal was under 50 minutes, which I was able to achieve. My final time:

47:19 !!!

I'm super happy with that time, I had a lot of fears that due to my recent health issues I wasn't going to be able to run the race I wanted to today. But everything came together and I hit my goals and then some. What will next year bring...?

Speaking of everything coming together, we are all finally on the mend this week. Megan was given some more antibiotics for her ear infection (Augmentin - one of the main things I used to take) and is healthy as a clam. No fevers, all normal Megan all the time! Andrea's sore throat is gone and I'm feeling great. Talk about a big relief.

As for the whole water leak problem... Ugh, that's a whole story for a different post. Maybe I'll get something up tomorrow.



Today there was a huge neighborhood garage sale event. Andrea found a bunch of fun things for Megan in the early morning hours while I was running, including a tricycle!! Here are some images from our play time today.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great run, Waldo, I mean Shawn. That trike looks perfect for Megan. I gotta find me one of those.
Mom

Scooter said...

Congratulations on the run, Shawn. Nasty water leaks - I have that exact water leak at my house. We went down instead of up, though. Decided to just redo the bathroom...which turned into my Dad redoing the bathroom. Which was much easier.