Monday, June 11, 2007

Busy, full, fun, not over yet!

Title sums up my weekend! Took today off as my "birthday" day off. I'd imagine most people tend to take a day off for their birthday, I know it's become more or less standard for me. I think companies should just institute a policy where everyone gets to take there birthday off as a bonus holiday.

Friday night we dropped Megan off at Grandma Gayle's to go see Oceans 13. For the most part, another crappy sequel. I'm starting to think this year of sequels is going to just end up being the year of flops. Saturday was mostly relaxing for me. Andrea attended a "Growth Track" class at River Valley Church. I really don't know much about it. Overall she said she was glad she went, so she must have enjoyed it. Then we visited my sister in law at a fund raiser she was working at, outside Sam's Club in Apple Valley. For the 2nd time, she is doing the Breast Cancer 3-day 60 mile walk. They were able to raise an amazing $2,000 dollars!

Sunday was jammed packed as some old college friends were in the area to go to the MN Zoo. They stopped by with the newest addition to their family, 6 week old Mackenzie. We enjoyed a nice grill out for lunch and caught up. Their older daughter and Megan warmed up after a little bit and had a great time together. After that, we attended a birthday party for a boy in the Mom's club. Very full day, especially for Megan who ended up sleeping through the birthday party! She woke up at the end to get some ice cream.

Here are some pictures from the weekend, and a very cute picture of Megan in her "new" chair. Apparently this chair belonged to Andrea when she was growing up.



Megan definitely likes new babies... No I'm not hinting at anything, and don't ask us!



The girls playing together after a little bit of getting to know each other.



Enjoying some goldfish crackers together.



Megan in her new rocking chair.

No comments: