Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Roof is on Fire



A rainbow that was visible from my driveway recently.

Unlike previous years, I specifically decide NOT to make a blog post on the actual day of my birthday. Instead, my birthday has come and gone, I am now 31 years old. Tonight, I had the family over for some order out food and ice cream cake. Little did I know, the visit would have much more going on then just my birthday...

If you've been watching the news at all tonight, odds are good that you've seen the story about an apartment complex in Burnsville that is currently on fire. Click here to view the story on KSTP. What you might not know, is that this is the apartment complex that my brother Scott, wife Val and their roommates live at!



Thankfully everyone is safe, and the actual apartment they live in is pretty far from the heart of the fire. Odds are the apartment they are in is fine, perhaps with smoke damage depending on how bad its traveling through the building. Right now I'm mostly worried about their two cats, who are stuck in the apartment. I really hope they are okay!!

We tried to enjoy dinner here as best we could, and Scott and Val were in good spirits all things considering. To think that they are moving out of those apartments in just one month!! And to have this happen, what are the odds? In my brothers words, "Hey, it was my day off, something bad had to happen." They might stay with my Mom tonight, I don't know if they will let people back in tonight. Even if they do, there still might be smoke in the building that would make it very hard to stay there.

I'll post tomorrow with updates on the situation, I told them to call me tonight with any updates. They just left about 20 minutes ago and were planning on stopping by to check out the situation. I guess putting out the fire was hampered very much by the 90 degree weather today, making it hard for the fire fighters to do their job. More updates tomorrow!

1 comment:

Adam said...

I hope everything with your brother's place is fine... pretty scary. Happy belated birthday anyway and congrats on the recent race. It sounds like you did awesome!