Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ups and Downs

Clever title eh? Yesterday was full of them both. The day started out on such a high note. Megan slept in until 8:45, and I timed it JUST right to be in her room, standing over her crib as she opened her eyes to greet the day. It put her in such a great mood to see me first thing, I couldn't help but get in a good mood as well.

We headed over to Grandma Gayle's to drop her off for the afternoon, so we could enjoy our day at Valleyfair. I think we ended up making it to Valleyfair around 11:30, maybe just a little bit after that. Went on a few rides and I did the Power Tower a few times. Then we headed over to lunch at 2:30pm.

Lunch was okay, nothing special. Dried out chicken sandwiches... but hey, it's free right? Turns out the free food wasn't the highlight of lunch though, as my company had a drawing for prizes and I ended up winning!! I got a $150 dollar gift certificate to Target! It was like getting your cake, eating it, and getting another whole piece to boot.

After lunch we headed back into the park, but Andrea and I had different ideas of what we wanted to do. Maybe the heat was getting to us a little bit too, but we ended up splitting up to do our own things. I wanted to hit the last 2 roller coasters, Wild Thing and the new one, Renegade. Andrea wanted to watch a comedian magician inside this theater thing that I've never actually been in.

Turns out the line for the Renegade was unbearably hot, long (30+ minutes) and the ride itself wasn't all that. Sure it was fast and twisty, but I really like the free fall feeling much more (I did the Power Tower 5 times). The Renegade was all about being the only coaster with a turn on the initial down slope. To me that was just more of a distraction then anything else.

On top of that, the magician Andrea saw turned out to be not that enjoyable either. Cheesy jokes and not that entertaining. Add that to the heat, me being late to our meeting place due to the long line on the Renegade, and you have a recipe for disaster. We had a nice good argument on our way home, only to realize we were both just kinda of pissed off that what we did ended up not being that enjoyable.

Oh well, gotta look at the positive side. At least I got in for free, free lunch, and $150 dollars to boot! Can't complain with that.

No comments: