Thursday, June 28, 2007

Come get some

Ya, I know I haven't posted since Sunday. Thought maybe I would try to sum up my week in as few words as possible.

Monday: Work, no exercise, world of warcraft
Tuesday: Work, bike ride with Steve, world of warcraft
Wed: Work, 5.75 mile run, Red Lobster!, world of warcraft
Thur: Work, 8.1 mile run, blog, world of warcraft

See a trend there? Slightly... Maybe I'm playing too much world of warcraft, I can't really tell. Andrea says I need my personal fun time, but I just feel like I'm neglecting my fatherly duties, spending time with Andrea and Megan. Granted it's been a little too hot lately to do much, but maybe I should make more effort to plan family events during the week. Ah well...

Tonight's run was excellent. Perfect run weather. As I said, I did 8.1 miles - the cool part was my last mile. According to my monitor, I ran it in 7:13. Not a bad pace for an 8th mile. To put that in perspective, imagine running the length of a football field in 25 seconds, 17.5 times. (after already running 7 miles!). The real question would be, could I keep that pace up from start to finish of a 10k?

I know I haven't posted much in the way of pictures lately, so I'll make up for it this weekend. We have a very fun Mom's club picnic event planned for Saturday morning, and I will FORCE myself to remember my camera and take some pictures of the event to share with everyone. Andrea has put in a ton of effort to organize this event, and it's looking like there will be a great turn out. Weather forecast is also looking good. I hope it all comes together wonderfully!

No comments: