Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weekend of birthdays

And not mine! I almost forgot that we had a busy weekend of multiple birthday parties to attend. Last night was a surprise party for Steve who was turning the big Three-Oh. In a strange set of connections, Steve's good friend Brenden's brother's wife is in the Mom's club with Andrea. One of those "wow it's a small world" moments. The dinner was catered by Olive Garden, and was absolutely yummy! Chicken parmesan, pasta alfredo, salad & bread sticks! I did my best to try and help eat it, there was just so much! Needless to say, I ate more then a few servings... Megan was dripping sweat after two hours of running around, so we opted for an early exit, before cake was served. Probably a good choice, all things considered. Came home and gave Megan a cool bath.

This morning I tried to work it all off with nice long run. I ended up doing a solid 11.8 miles before it got too warm this morning. I was 180 on the scale after my run, so I guess I was able to run off my over indulgent choices from last night. I think I'll be able to keep it down this week, although those are always my famous last words.

Tonight is birthday party number two, Lily, the daughter of our friends Jim and Jenny is turning 2. It should be fun, they have some type of water events planned. I'm sure Megan is going to have a great time, I'll have to come back with some pictures later tonight.

Forgot my camera, but luckily everyone uses digital cameras these days. Some pictures taken not by me:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We stayed at each event for two hours. I don't consider that an "early exit".