Friday, June 22, 2007

Rocky Start

This weekend is off to an interesting start. Earlier this week, Andrea's mother was in town for some surgery. She is at home now recovering, and Andrea headed down to help out and visit. She dropped Megan off at the back up child care center on her way.

I got a phone call around 10:45am that Megan had thrown up. She didn't seem sick and wasn't showing any other signs of sickness, but they have a policy that if a kid throws up twice, you have to come get them. So this phone call was the "warning" call. Then at 12:15pm, they called again, Megan had thrown up again.

I emailed my boss to say I had to leave work early and headed out to pick her up. Honestly, I didn't really mind. Now that I have access to work from home, it really was no big deal. I didn't even actually take sick time / time off. Megan seemed just fine when I got there, and she feel asleep on the way home.

Shortly before getting home, I ended up getting hit by a very severe thunder storm. You couldn't even see more then 15 feet out in front of you. Traffic slowed to a crawl, but luckily I was just about to exit. After getting home, I got Megan settled in for a nice 2 hour nap and started working from home.

Now she is just fine, so I have no clue what happened at the day care. She is eating fine, just had a ton of gold fish crackers and pineapple. My guess is she just drank too much milk and started bouncing around or something and it came back up. Oh well...

We just got done with an early evening bath, and she is happy as a clam. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will go more smoothly, mainly I'm worried about weather conditions for Valleyfair tomorrow!

No comments: