Thursday, April 27, 2006

3 Day Weekend

Just what the doctor ordered. Even though this entire weekend is packed with Megan, running, roleplaying and video games, it is exactly what I needed. A lot of my recent 3 day weekends have been unplanned ones. Meaning, I wake up on a Monday morning realizing I just don't feel like going to work. For some reason, those times don't FEEL like a 3 day weekend even though they are. Planning can make all the difference.

I haven't posted any pictures for awhile, so here are a few for now.


No, she did not get up her self. I propped her like that for a photo, but she stayed there for 30 seconds and I never had to catch her or anything.


Megan in her pretty Easter dress. Okay, so we don't have a lot of dresses.

The rest of the posts this weekend (if there are any) will most likely just be about me, health, and the 10k race. I'll try to really focus on what goes through my mind during the race and write about it afterwards. I read a few "runners" blogs here and there, and find thier post to be... a bit extreme. Posts where people talk about "my entire body screamed at me to stop, but I kept going". Umm... that's not exactly who I am. If my body screams at me to stop, I'm going to stop. Running for me is "fun" in that, it's exercise and it helps me reach my goals. Running is NOT something I choose to do as a form of entertainment. It's just something I have to do. Just like all the things I HAVE to do to live a healthy life style. There is no emotional attachment to running.

That's probably why I will never run a marathon. If I'm going to do something, there has to be a reason behind it. And that reason has to be more then just "because it's really hard". If I ever did run a marathon, it would be by accident. It would be simply because I was already running that much on my own. That's how the 10k came about. I was already running 4-5 miles on my own, so why not just tack on another mile and do a race. But in my head, all I see is my weekend exercise routine.

No comments: