Sunday, April 09, 2006

Good Weekend

So far, this weekend has been pretty good. Friday night Andrea and I got away for a much needed date night. GG babysat Megan for a few hours, which was nice. Got Megan home shortly before 9pm (which was risky, I know) but she went down okay. Saturday I just relaxed with Megan. This shot is from her Saturday morning.



Can you believe it? She can stand up in her crib already! Hahaha okay, I'm just kidding. I propped her up for the picture. But she can stand pretty well on her own with holding on to things for short periods of time. I'm convinced she is going to be an early walker, simply because I was also. I was walking either right around 8 months or just barely after. I have a feeling Megan will be to.

Speaking of Walking, my sister-in-law, Val, is doing the Beast Cancer 3day That's 60 miles of walking in 3 days! That's gonna be tough, I don't even want to imagine the blisters. I did a few 15 mile walks for MS back in college, and those were tough. The walk is in August, so she has some time to collect donations, but if you want to donate, you can email her at yeti2927@yahoo.com

Last night was roleplaying group #2 at my house. This is my AD&D group where I'm playing a Dwarven Cleric. I like the character a lot - there was some worry about one of the players, but I think it will work itself out. He's trying to roleplay someone who is borderline sociopath / doesn't care about the consequences of his actions. Last night's session was a lot of fun - we spent the first 2 hours describing characters and character backstories. This worked it's way into how our characters met and why they are traveling together. All great things. It's amazing how much easier it is to roleplay when you come up with motivation and goals for your character.

It's supposed to be a sunny 60 degrees this afternoon - perfect running weather. Should top the weekend off perfectly.

No comments: