Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Terrible Tuesday

I should just focus on the positives this week. Not the crap at work, not the fact that I might have to do a 9pm phone conference tonight, and not the fact that it might rain for the 10k this weekend. I should focus on the fact that Megan went to sleep easy twice this week, and slept through the night both times! And not just 11pm to 5am through the night. We're talking 8pm to 6:30am through the night! I'm glad, and hope she keeps it up. We were borderline about to start the "cry it out" method, and although I was willing to do it, I don't know if deep down I agreed with the method. I've told Andrea more then once, that I believe the "cry it out" method was invented more for the parents then for the child.

This weekend, Andrea is going out of town for a UU district conference. As always, Andrea is very involved and is actually running a Workshop. (scroll down to B4, you will see her name) She leaves on Friday morning so I'll be taking the day off to stay home with Megan. (and pick up my 10k race registration early!)

I'm looking forward to the 10k this weekend, I hope it's not raining. I don't care about temperature, I can deal with cold/wind. But rain is a whole different ball of wax. For such a big milestone in my new healthy lifestyle, I'll be strangely alone for this weekend. Although I'll be starting out with my buddy, for the most part he has a much faster goal then I do. So for the majority of the race, I'll be on my own. As I cross the finish line, it will be with no fanfare. I'm not even bringing my camera, as I don't really see the point. (no where to put it, and it's too bulky to carry around). The only record of this weekends race is going to be my memory, a t-shirt, and maybe a web site that shows my time. In a lot of ways, it seems better this way. I started this health journey alone, and so it seems only appropriate I do this race alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawn, I never wanted to use the cry it out method-and I didn't have to until Alaric was at least a year I think. Eventually you guys will just know if she'll go to sleep after she cries or if it's a not going to sleep cry. It would be awesome if it rained on your run day:) I always thought it was fun to run in the rain, you have to run harder so it's a challenge-------Good Luck, Becky N.

Anonymous said...

One more thing. If it rains you can tell Megan "I ran 6 miles----in the rain. For fun!"