Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Horoscopes

I'll confess - I read my horoscope. Every day. Why? I have no clue. Sometimes I think they are so very stupid, and other times I just think, hey that kinda sounds like how I'm feeling right now. Truth is, it just became something I did to start my day and mostly I just do it now out of habit. Monday, I had an interesting one:

Every time you give more than is expected of you, you bank points in some far-off cosmic vault to be redeemed when you really need or desire them. Therefore, even if your generosity seems to go unnoticed, it's not.
There have been times in my life where I firmly believed that there was no bigger reason for why things happened. Everything was random, chance. But sometimes... I just have to wonder. Especially when things just always seem to work out for me. Is it more then luck? The atheist in me scream NO, and my logic dictates that there is no cosmic vault, aka Karma. But still... I can't help but wonder. Do good things happen for a reason?

One of my goals when I started the whole running thing was to finish 3 miles in under 30 minutes. I did that tonight, with a 3 mile run in 29:45. I haven't done that since I was 19, 10 years ago. 10 YEARS. I'm as healthy now (if not healthier?) then I was a decade ago. That's a pretty damn good feeling. With the big Three-Oh looming over everything this year, I am so glad I picked now to have this major change. Perhaps the thought of turning 30 was some weird subconscious motivation. Who knows. All I know is, it's time to play some video games!

4 comments:

brent said...

the prospect of turning 30 can really turn a person introspective eh?

Adam said...

One thing...10 years is a decade (not a century). And another thing... Saturday was interesting anyway. Thanks for letting me crash your party!

Shawn said...

And apparently turning 30 makes you feel like your 130... :-)

brent said...

hehe