Thursday, June 29, 2006

Enough is Enough

Tomorrow we are supposed to be getting our new AC installed. Feels like an eternity since it's been out. This week got especially hot, peaking today I think. Tomorrow night I'm going to set my house at 65 degrees, just because I can! And I'll be home alone, so no worries about anyone being cold.

Very interesting day at work today... First, just before noon we have to evacuate the building due to a fire alarm. Turns out an AC motor blew up and smoke triggered an alarm. (sounds familiar!) But then, upon returning to our desks, it seems there are also huge power outages going around. The place did have some limited UPS generators going, so some people had power depending on where they were located. Half the people were working, half weren't. Of course, MY cube was just fine.

But with the AC out... the HUGE racks of computers in the testing area right near my cube heated things up REALLY fast. Pretty soon it was 84 degrees in the office, I was friggen dying. I honestly don't know if I will be able to handle things tomorrow if they don't have some kind of back up AC. I can handle 84 degrees at my house because I can sit around in my underwear, but work is a whole different story.

I managed to get out and see Superman Returns last night. I hadn't planned on it, but at the last minute my brother called me up and asked. I enjoyed the movie, although it was a tad long and slow at some points. I thought the initial Superman + Lois scene was bad, where they finally meet up for the first time in 5 years. My brother thought it was better then X-men 3, I'm not quite sure I agree.

Lastly, I thought I'd post a quick Megan crawl update. She is definitely getting close, she tries so hard! Just hasn't quite figured out what to do with those back legs once she gets them under herself.





No comments: