Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Jury Duty and more

Thought I'd give an update on Andrea's jury duty if anyone is curious. She headed over to Hastings on Monday morning, and had to sit in a small waiting room all day basically. There was something like 70 people, and only 40 would be picked this first week. Long story short is that she didn't get picked, and was sent home and doesn't have to do anything else this week. That's cool and at the same time sucks. It's cool cause now we get to do fun family stuff all week, but now Andrea has to call Friday night to find out what she has to do next week. I would pretty much assume she will have to go in next Monday, which means we will have to find day care all next week potentially. Shitty!

So yesterday, Andrea and I checked out something called Matinee Movie Magic at a theater in Inver Grove Heights. The idea behind this special screening is that you are welcome to bring crying babies into the theater. Check out the FAQ section regarding this.

We get there and there is NO one else in the theater. That's really not that unexpected I guess, it's 11am on a Tuesday afternoon. We settle in and just as the movie starts, two younger girls walk in and sit down somewhere behind us. They did NOT have a child with them. This wasn't exactly what we were expecting, and although Megan was fine for the majority of the movie, Andrea doesn't think she would ever go back again - unless she organizes a larger event through Mom's club where there are more parents with kids there.

Today we headed over to the MN Zoo for a quick visit, it was fun even if Megan doesn't quite get much out of it yet. But she really enjoyed the dolphins and the other fish tanks. I'm looking forward to when she is a little older and we go.

Other then that, we've just been dealing with Megan's bad cold this week. She has developed a very bad cough, unlike anything I've heard before. We think it might be "croup", but I guess I'm not 100% convinced it is. I did bring her into the doctor today just to make sure she didn't have any ear infections, and also to make sure it didn't sound like anything deeper in her lungs. Doc said she was okay, so no big deal. Peace of mind is worth $15 bucks for me. Steve went all out to help me out and grabbed a cold air humidifier from his parents so that I could borrow it. I think it is helping, she slept much better last night and tonight is looking good too. Thanks Steve!!


I still haven't figured out how to take good low-light pictures without using the flash. Maybe that isn't exactly possible with digital cameras... If anyone has any advice let me know!

1 comment:

Adam said...

For the low light photos... does your camera allow you to manual adjust the settings? If you can adjust the "F-stop", set it to the lowest number possible (maybe F4 or possibly F2.5). Also, if you can adjust the shutter speed, try to set it at 1/15.... any longer than that and you'll want to use a tripod. I'm not sure if digital works exactly the same as a normal SLR camera, but these settings must mimic it somehow, right? Anyway, enjoy the rest of family week!