Saturday, June 24, 2006

First Week Down

I can't seem to connect to World of Warcraft, so this seems like as good a time as any to post. I've finished my first week at my new job, and overall, I think I will really like this job. "Like" being a very relative term here... I mean, it's still a job, and it still sucks ass to have to do that instead of, oh I don't know - spend all day with Megan & Andrea, but that's how life works I guess.

The people I work with are very obsessed with food. Bringing food in, donuts twice a week, and the kicker: the Snackmaster. They have this station, which just so happens to be setup directly behind my cube, called the Snackmaster. Every day someone will bring in some kind of snack and send an email out to everyone that food is available on the snack master. So far this week: 3 boxes of Cheesy Tots, a huge tub of Animal Crackers, Chips and Salsa, and potato chips and guacamole. Needless to say, it looks like avoiding food might be one of my biggest challenges!

Aside from my normal fears of failure, and being worried I won't be able to get up to speed as fast as they expect of me, everything else seems very cool. While some people were socializing around the Snackmaster, I joined in the conversations. I dropped a LAN Party joke and everyone actually got it and laughed. (or were just being nice, but I think they actually got it) At lunch, the topics of conversation were TV technologies, Spiderman's sexuality, and Commodore 64s. Yes, I am finally working with fellow Geeks. This is good!

Looks like we will be getting the new AC installed this coming Friday. One more week of living in the heat. Today is actually really nice, after that storm last night cooled things down. I biked into Penn Cycle today and got my bike in for a tune up, it won't be ready until Thursday. (opps!) Luckily I brought my cell phone, so I called Andrea and she met me half way in her car as I got some running in as well.

This afternoon, we are going to a wedding of a cousin of mine. Should be a nice time, and I'm sure everyone will love to see Megan. Lots of family that haven't seen her since Christmas. Expect some wedding pictures for my post tomorrow.

No comments: