Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Year Ago

My blog has officially been around for exactly one year today. I'm not quite sure why I started my blog the day before my birthday. Maybe because it was a Saturday, and I had some spare time. I've enjoyed blogging, even if I'm not that good at it. At least there are pictures of Megan from time to time, right?

A year ago I also started down my path of healthy living. Starting with 4 mile bike rides that I could barely handle, to 30 mile bike races, to running and a 10k race. For all intents and purposes, I've lost 100 lbs in this last year. Crazy. I'm 2/3 the man I used to be. Am I a different person? Yes and no. There are still times when I "feel" like that guy I used to be. So I know he's still there, lurking.

Tomorrow I turn 30.

Last year, I might have thought that 30 was the half way point of my life. Now though, I like to think I might be able to squeeze in a few more years. I'm not doing anything big for my birthday. It's just going to be me and Megan, hanging out. It will be perfect.

I've decided for my birthday, I'm going to give myself a present. Actually, it's not for me. It's for that other guy I used to be, the one still lurking. I'm going to indulge him with a little fast food. Each day this week will be something different, something bad for me, but oh so yummy.

So bring on the Week of Fast Food!

2 comments:

Jim J. McGovern said...

Hey Shawn, thanks for coming to Lily's birthday party and Happy 30th old man. (I get to say that because I am turning 31 this year)

Anonymous said...

not that good at blogging....pashaw!