Friday, June 30, 2006

Mighty AC, how I love thee

Can you guess which one is the new AC?



It's not quite 65 degrees inside yet, but it's getting there. It's hard to cool a house from 84+ degrees down to 65. But at least it's trying! So tonight is the first post I've ever attempted while intoxicated. I just blew a .14 in my breathalizer, so I think that means I'm pretty drunk.



Your probably asking yourself why I own a breathalizer. Well, when Andrea and I lived in Idaho, we had this long standing argument about the true effects of having 1 or 2 beers with dinner. To settle the arguement, we bought an actual breathlizer and conducted an experiement. As you might be able to guess, we often ran out of things to do.

For the experiment, we drank 1 beer every 20 minutes. We had to drink the full beer in 10 minutes, and then go 10 minutes without drinking anything in order to make the breathalizer effective. If you used it too fast after drinking, it would register the alcohol on your breath. What were the results? Well, every beer was .01 increase for me and .02 increase for Andrea. So basically she was getting drunk at twice the speed I was. After 2 hours (and 6 beers), Andrea was past the "legal limit" at .10+ and I was still at .06.

Well, tomorrow I will be helping my brother move - hopefully it goes better then the last time. We must have loaded up the U-Haul 3 times and still didn't finish the previous time. It seems like my bro is slightly better prepared this time, so it will probably go faster. One can only hope!

No comments: