Monday, July 24, 2006

Buck o'five

Another 5 day week, with no breaks in sight. Technically speaking, my company handbook says that I cannot take any time off during the first 90 days of employment. But my boss tells me that I earn 1 floating holiday a month for the first 3 months, so I could actually take a day off if I wanted to... So tempting to just take next Monday off!

Our BBQ on Saturday was very successful, I think everyone had a good time. I had to spend most of my time on the grill, but I did get a decent amount of time to talk and meet with everyone. We had slightly more food then we needed, but always better to have more then not enough. Hopefully my bro and sister in law will be coming over later this week for burgers. I tried to get some pictures, but none that I took turned out very well. Bummer!

So my buddy Steve had his blog mentioned in passing, in a Star Tribune article. (click to read the article) How cool is that? I guess they even wanted to interview him, but unfortunately he was out of town so wasn't able to add anything more. It doesn't really surprise me that they would mention his blog - his posts are awesomely articulate and much easier to read then anything I ever post.

Just wanted to close tonight's post with a few pictures of Megan. Enjoy!!


Andrea has taught Peek-A-Boo type game, where she hides behind corners and then comes out again.


I'm pretty sure this is the next step to walking... or maybe somersaults? She's pulling herself up on all sorts of things now - we are at the "watch her like hawks" stage.

4 comments:

spock74 said...

Hey! I just read your post about your lach of a world view. The whole time I'm reading it I'm thinking "Shawn needs to either quit obsessing about the stuff he thinks he should do and doesn't or just DO it." (The Nike reference was TOTALLY unintentional, there.) I thought your bro's Paris Hilton comparison was a bit over-the-top, but on the right track. I do think, however, that while you're not going to become the next Meet the Press host overnight, it is probably more important now that you at least have some idea about what is going on in the world around you. And it is because of Megan, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It doesn't have anything to to with the person she will become someday, but the person she is right now. If you don't have a clue at all even about local issues, how will you know if there is something out there that will affect her negatively? And I'm talking about a direct effect. What if her car seat is recalled because it causes spontaneous human combustion and you have no clue because you've watched nothing but G4 for the last six months? Or what if Apple Valley decides to close all the libraries and parks? I hope this isn't coming off bitchy or condescending, because I'm certainly not a newspaper reader or anything like that, but I do feel like having a child carries a certain responsibility in the area of media, as well. The same way you won't watch certain shows because of her, you kind of owe it to her to try to make her world as safe as possible. Unfortunately, these days that includes the whole world outside your house, too. I'm guessing this will get some "But SHE doesn't even HAVE any kids, wtf does she know?" backlash, but that's bullpoo. You don't have to have a child of your own to care about what happens to a child. I hope you have taken this comment in the spirit it was intended, because you know I love you guys to pieces. Good luck with the training and say hi to everyone!

Anonymous said...

So Cute!! I didn't realize Megan could do all that stuff already. Alaric never looked between his legs like that until about a month ago!! I guess every kid is different in the order they do things.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»