Saturday, July 08, 2006

Quick Week, new goals!!

It's hard to say what was better, the 4 day weekend or the 3 day work week. Back to reality on Monday, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it.

Wed night Andrea and I had some chicken thing she had bought from Target. It was a fresh Target meat department item, not frozen chicken of any kind. It really wasn't that good at all, and the next day we both felt sick. Not super bad vomiting kind of sick, but still - upset stomach and definitely not feeling 100%.

After getting hit with the whole new AC expense, Andrea and I realized we aren't sitting exactly where we want to be financially. Andrea said it best last night when she said, "We are spending like we don't have Megan." And that's very true - To be honest, I've never been one to track my finances at the smallest detail level. I've always taken the 100 foot view of things, mainly because it's way easier. What this means is that I have no real sense of how much Megan effects my finances. Hell, on a bigger scope I don't have a good sense of where a lot of my money goes.

We have a couple of options - make some simple changes and try to "reign in spending" and see how it goes. Or the more drastic measure of starting to track every penny out the door. I lean towards the first option, simply because the second one just seems too hard / take up too much time. On the flip side, tracking every penny for maybe just a month or two might help figure out where we can make other adjustments.

Anyway, change of subject. After 2 months of fitness blahs, I've finally come up with a few goals that I am going to stick to. Here they are, in no particular order:
  • Be under 200 pounds by the end of July (currently at 205, have been as low as 202 in June)
  • Achieve my final goal weight of 184 by the end of the year.
  • St. Paul Bike Classic again this year, Sept 10th.
  • Twin Cities 10 Mile, part of the Twin Cities Marathon events.
Obviously, the 10-mile run is the big goal for the summer. I've signed up for it, but it is by Lottery only, so there is a chance I won't even get to participate. I've decided that even if I don't get in, I'm going to set a goal of running 10 miles - even if I have to just do it on my own somewhere. I've never ran more then the 10k (6.2 miles), so running 10 miles will be a big challenge for me. The run is on October 1st, so I have 12 weeks to train - which should be more then enough. But it means a commitment to serious running for a long period of time.

That's all for now - tonight I'm heading over to a friends place to watch the UFC Championships on Pay-Per-View. Bunch of dudes watching other dudes beat the crap out of each other. A safer form of Fight Club?

And one final update to those that have read this far: Megan is officially crawling. :-)

No comments: