Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I won the lottery

Okay, well not exactly. But I did get selected in a lottery. I just got the notification today, I'm officially going to be running in the Twin Cities 10-miler!!



This works out perfectly, as now I actually have a goal to focus on for my personal training session on Friday night. The trainer I am seeing is a competitive long distance runner, so hopefully she will have some good things to teach me. I guess we are going to spend 30 minutes on core strength training, which I haven't done any of. Then I will start a 10-week training program the following week.

In other health news, I also talked Andrea into running a 10k! Well, I'm not sure how much I had to convince her. She seems very motivated to give it a try. We are going to run this 10k together, so I will just be running at Andreas pace. It is the Heart of Summer 10k, and it is on August 19th. It is a fund raiser for heart health initiatives. I'm looking forward to this first running event with Andrea, it should be a lot of fun.

So with that 10k, the St. Paul Bike classic in Sept, and then the 10 miler in October, this summer is jam packed with events. It will be interesting to see how the next few months unfold and see where I'm at after the 10 mile race. I can see this winter being a really big challenge for me.

Well it's late, and I really should be in bed. I've been drinking way too much coffee lately...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shawn! I'm so proud of you!

brent said...

super exciting dude, awesome. can't wait for it, thats going to be a really fun day. i wasn't home last night but i listened to your message and gave a fist pump on your behalf. i'll give you a call this weekend. yeah!!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»