Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rough Week

I know it seems like all I do is bitch lately, but I think this week I honestly have some real reasons to.

It all started Monday... okay well, Monday wasn't all bad other then the fact that it was Monday. Tuesday rolls around and I get in my car to goto work, turn the key, and nothing. Dead battery. This didn't surprise me as it was flaking out earlier in May. I take Andrea's car to work, trapping her at home for the day. I buy a new battery during my lunch hour, and bring it home only to realize I have no tools to change a battery. How sad is that? No big deal, go visit Grandma Gayle, let her visit Megan, get some tools. Come home, changed the battery, and all is well!

Last night... Megan decides she is going to wake up at 11pm, and stay up. This precipitated an argument between Andrea and I, that in all honesty we both should have seen coming. I don't really want to get into the details of our disagreement, because I'm sure it would come off as one sided (aka, my side). What I can share is the goal, that we both agree on: To have a child that can sleep from roughly 9pm to at least 6am without having to wake us up. The challenge is how do we get there.

Where was I? Oh yes, well Megan didn't end up going to sleep again until roughly 12:15am. I finally went to bed shortly after that and woke up very tired of course. I was late and rushing out the door this morning, and while backing out of my driveway I came too close to the edge and slammed my passenger side mirror into my neighbors garbage can. (it's garbage day) Needless to say, it came clean off. Great, just great.

And my final story to top of this awesome week of suck. One benefit I get at my new job is access to backup childcare through Bright Horizons. For the low fee of $40 dollars, we can drop Megan off 20 times a year. That's pretty damn good rate if we use all 20 days. Basically, Andrea sees them as "Mommy Vacation Days". Works for me! So today we used the service for the first time ever. And what happens on Megan's very first day at a child care center?



Around 11am I get a call at work from the center to inform me that Megan has BEEN BIT BY ANOTHER CHILD! WHAT THE FUCK? She's there for no less then 2 hours and gets bit by another child? They tried to play it off like it was no big deal, saying "Megan didn't seem to be bothered too much, but she does have a mark on her arm." The kicker was, that Andrea said when she dropped Megan off, there were 2 people working in the infant room, and only ONE other child there. There was no way they should have let that happen....

Alright look, I promise I will make a serious effort to make my next few posts more positive. For today, I just needed to vent a little. Thank god tomorrow is FRIDAY.

5 comments:

spock74 said...

Dude! Why don't you know any single guys with blogs?!? The hell?

Shawn said...

That wins for most random blog comment of all time.

Anonymous said...

I have complete sympathy for you, especially with the whole biting incident. But I have to say, just wait until your child is the one doing the biting... It's not a fun phase. Melanie bit me on the neck once and only once. The consequences were not pretty and she never attempted it again. 'Nough said.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»