Thursday, August 17, 2006

Crappy Commute

Ugh. Running outside directly after work is working out to be a double edged sword. On the one hand, I'm able to get a solid hour long run in, finishing shortly after 5pm. On the other hand, this means I am running into the peak of rush hour traffic. My commute home is taking much longer then normal, upwards of 50 minutes. On top of that, Highway 13 is completely ripped to shreds right now. They are resurfacing large parts of it, making the traffic that much worse. As I said... ugh.

I've made some decent progress this week, reigning in some of the extra eating I've been doing lately. Ever since hitting that goal of 199, it's been hard for me to stay on track. Part of me keeps saying, "200 is a good weight, you don't need to work so hard anymore." But that isn't my final goal, so I need to push those thoughts aside and focus. I WILL be 184 by the end of the year, I can't lose sight of that.

I forgot to mention that this weekend is the Fantasy Football draft. I don't know how well I will do this year, for a few reasons. First off, my brother will offer no assistance, considering I beat him last year. Secondly, I'm not sure if I really have the time or desire to tweak my team as much as I did last year. Hopefully I will draft a little better, and actually get a decent QB this year. Will have to see... the draft is Saturday night.

One last thing... no matter how bad my day is, one single hug from Megan sure can take it all away.

No comments: