Saturday, August 05, 2006

Megan Picture Day

This is the best I could come up with, nothing super new or interesting. These pictures basically illustrate one thing: how much standing Megan is doing. She stands on anything and everything. Andrea said she even pulled herself up a surface with no real hand holds... in otherwords, she's not lifting herself so much as standing up. It should really only be a matter of weeks before she's taking her first steps.


Mom and Megan playing a little airplane.


Last night, Megan and I went over to my Mom's house to spend the night. My Mom is in Vegas, so we had the place to ourselves. I just wanted to give Andrea a Friday night all to herself. She enjoyed the night and had some other Moms over and played games. Sounds like they had a fun time.


Yes, that is Van Helsing playing in the background. Best Buy had a special price of $3.99! I couldn't pass that up.


Another one of Megan standing... See how similar the pose is in the next picture?


And for the record, in all these pictures, Megan is getting into those positions all by herself. There is no propping or positioning of her just for pictures...

Rest of the weekend should be pretty fun. This afternoon, I'm taking my bike over to my work place area. Sounds weird, I know - but I want to explore some areas around there and also get some distances measured out. My bike is the best way to do that, because of the pedometer it has. Basically, I'm planning on starting to do my runs right after work in the area around my work. The area is called Purgatory Creek Walking Trails. (6+ meg PDF download if you click the link). My work place are those small grouping of buildings just east of Staring Lake (next to Hwy 212). So I'm going to go check that area out and do some running there today also.

This evening we are going over to dinner with at an old co-worker of mine from my previous job who invited us over mid week. Should be a fun time, and will be interesting to hear about how people / things are going at the old job. Sunday I'll probably just relax, maybe get a small bike ride in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the time off last night Shawn!!!!!!!!!