Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mid Year Resolution

I'm trying to stay positive this week, honestly! The truth is, it's just been a pretty uneventful week, both at home and work. Just getting through for now... Which got me to thinking, why settle for just getting through?

About a year ago (more or less), was when I made my serious resolution to change my life style habits. It's paid off pretty well, and I've since read that resolutions made during the middle of the year tend to be more successful then actual "New Years" resolutions. Seemed to work for me, so why not try again!

This resolution is kind of strange, and I'm not even sure if I totally understand it yet, but here it is: I'm going to find a new interest within a year. Like I said, I don't even really know what I mean by that. Keara's recent comment (aka spock74) about "just DO it" kind stuck with me. I think it's time to stop obsessing about not having any interests and just find out if maybe I do.

With work, family life, exercise goals, video games & blogging, it's not like I have a TON more free time. But there is enough there to explore if I really wanted to. It's not going to happen over night, which is why I'm qualifying "within a year".

I think a lot of people have "projects" that they do - probably because they come with a sense of accomplishment, and a defined beginning and end. Like working on your house, or car, or building a garden, who knows. Maybe I'll go the project direction... One qualification of this is that whatever it is I try, has to be somewhat inexpensive. In fact, I was even thinking about how cool it would be to find something I enjoy that makes money on the side. Like people that do scrapbooking and make money off it. That would be pretty sweet... I'm not a very good "idea" guy, so will see.

That's all for now, it's almost time for Megan's bath and bed time. I'll try to post some new pictures of her later this week. Can't believe she is going to be 10 months old!

1 comment:

spock74 said...

Glad I could be of service. Hey, I'VE got an idea for a project! Find the idea lady a nice geeky boy to settle down with. Or at least argue about Star Trek with. ;D