Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Back Hurts

Guess I've been pushing a little too hard lately. 35 miles running in the last 8 days... I got a little pinch in my lower back tonight. I'm sure it's probably just a small muscle pull, I'll have to take it easy for awhile. Maybe just do some elliptical for a bit. Once again, that same lesson keeps smacking me in the face: moderation in all things!

Today I was reading about the guy from Lakeville that won $47 million in the Powerball, and once again started thinking about what I would do if that were me. Can you believe this guy has a new child named Lucky? That's like a whole new definition of irony.

Sure, it would be great to never have to work again. But it's not so much the fact that I'd never have to work again, it's the fact that I would have so much time to do OTHER things. Honestly, I don't hate work all that much. In fact, I honestly do like my new job, and really hope it pans out in the long term. But damn would it be great to spend all day with Andrea and Megan instead.

So to totally change topics here, I just got some news from my brother. Someone decided to kick the trunk of his car, and put a huge dent in it. He could tell because of the boot print. How messed up is that? And what's really stupid? This kind of stuff happens to him all the time. Sometimes I wish I could just give him some of my good karma, because it really seems like he just never has any. Maybe he should name his first kid Lucky?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doin' it."
-Pulp Fiction

Shawn said...

Hahaha, I said the same thing when I heard about it.