Saturday, December 30, 2006

2007 = Year of the Movie?

2006 was a pretty bad year for movies. (for me anyway) I looked back and saw maybe 2 movies I was actually looking forward to, and maybe a handful of others that I saw just for the hell of it. Out of all those movies, I can think of only 1 that I really enjoyed (and subsequently bought the DVD on release day).

My last post mentioning some new movies got me thinking about 2007. I realized that it has the potential to be a really great year for movies. Off the top of my head, I could name 5 movies I was REALLY looking forward too, with a bunch of other minor ones included. So I decided to go ahead and make a full list of "Movies I want to see in 2007." This list includes a ranking of how badly I want to see it (out of 5) and my prediction on if it will actually be good or suck.

MovieRelease DateRankingSuck or Good?
Epic MovieJan 262 out of 5Suck
This is another spoof movie that looks to be somewhat funny. I'm sure it will suck, but hopefully make me laugh a few times.
Ghost RiderFeb 165 out of 5Good
First comic book movie of the year, I think it will be good but has suck potential.
The Number 23Feb 232 out of 5Good?
Weird thriller with Jim Carrey. Looks interesting...
Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesMarch 235 out of 5GOOD
I have hopes this movie will be in the top 3 for 2007.
Spider-Man 3May 45 out of 5GOOD
This should be one of the other top 3.
Shrek the ThirdMay 183 out of 5Good
The Shrek movies always make me laugh, I'll see this one just because.
Pirates of the Caribbean 3May 253 out of 5Suck
The 2nd one was pretty sucky, but I'm still going to see the next one. Why? I'm a glutton for punishment!
Fantastic Four 2June 154 out of 5Good
As I said before, this one might be good, but all comic books to movie have a chance to suck.
Evan AlmightyJune 222 out of 5Suck
A sequel to Bruce Almighty... This could be funny, I'm going to see it just because I think Steve Carrel is hilarious.
Transformers: The MovieJuly 45 out of 5Good
I'm hoping a new preview comes out soon for this movie... I really want this to be the last of top 3 movies for 07.
Harry Potter 5July 135 out of 5Good...
I didn't really think they would do this many Harry Potters, but damn - are they going to finish them all before the actors are 30?
The Simpsons MovieJuly 273 out of 5???
I've no clue if this movie will be any good, but I think I will go see it because my brother is such a huge Simpsons fan.
Rush Hour 3Jan 262 out of 5Suck
I like Jackie Chan, so I'll go see his new movies even if they suck...
Resident Evil: ExtinctionAug 102 out of 5Suck
The 3rd installment in this series, I'll go see it simply because. It will probably suck, but I don't think I could ever get enough of Milla kicking ass.
The Mist Sept 72 out of 5Good
A movie based on Stephen King... I listened to a book-on-tape version of this long ago.
Alien vs. Predator 2Jan 263 out of 5Suck
The first AVP sucked so bad, it hurt. The only reason I'm going to see the 2nd one is in the hopes that they actually make a movie this time. I'd bet against that, but you never know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Shawn! I haven't even seen that many movies in the last 3 or 4 years. Harry Potter is at the top of my list and will probably be the only one I actually see.

Anonymous said...

I take that back, we'll probably all go see Shrek, Melanie likes the other two a lot.

spock74 said...

I've got three words for you: Blades of Glory. 'Nuff said.