Sunday, October 15, 2006

Burnsville Champps = Horrible

Since I don't expect anyone to read this entire post, I'm going to state this first. Don't go to the Burnsville Champps. I will never be going there again and urge you to do the same! Read on to find out why...

Recently Andrea went online and signed up for the Champps fan club. Her original motivation was to see if she could get anything free for Megan's birthday. What she got instead was a coupon emailed to her for a free appetizer. So we headed on over to the Champps in Burnsville today to redeem the coupon.

At the end of the meal, we handed the printed coupon to our server. She came back shortly and said her manager wouldn't accept the coupon because it was "Corporate" Chammps, and they aren't affiliated with corporate. Ahhh... okay, so then why does the web site list the Burnsville location? The server asks if we'd want to talk to the manager, and we said sure.

Now at this point, if we don't get to use the coupon, oh well. We're talking about $6.50 + tax. But then the manager arrived... Mega-Bitch 9000.

This woman starts off by saying, "This coupon is for Corporate, and we are privately owned so we can't honor this." No apology, no attempt to smooth things over. Andrea asks how were we supposed to know? She responds by saying, "The web site should indicate that it's only available at corporate locations. That's their problem not mine." Say what? Now we're just pissed off out of principle, and Andrea asked if she could comp us this time. Her response? "You're not the only one to bring those coupons in, we can't honor them."

Okay, so you're going to stand there and piss off customers to save a buck? I mean, seriously, how much can an order of mozzarella sticks cost them? Let's say the average cost is about $3 bucks. So if 200 people come in with this internet coupon it would cost them $600. Is that really going to do anything to the bottom line? Probably not... but pissed off customers, well that's gonna cost ya.

It's hard to accurately describe the remaining interactions, but this woman was just so horribly mean, it was beyond anything I had ever experienced. I think my brother said it best when I told him about this, "I've seen managers give free meals because the server dropped a fork or something stupid, that's how that business works." He is so right, and I've seen that too. I've had times where they bring out my food with something on it I didn't want, and they will offer it free.

Anyway, I simply will not be going to the Burnsville Chammps anymore, and encourage you to do the same. If however, you'd like to visit one of the "Corporate" Chammps, make sure to visit this link first.

Free appetizer at a "Corporate" Chammps location

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shawn,

I just stumbled across your article from October 2006, regarding Champps Burnsville. I would like to personally apologize for the manager on duty not accepting the corporate gift certificate. We do honor all gift certificates from all Champps restaurants. I understand I cannot take back what happened on that Sunday, but can assure you it will never happen again. I understand why you have decided not to return, but would certainly like to earn you and your families trust back. The manager on this particular day is no longer with us. I would like to invite you and your family back someday and have dinner on us. Once again, my sincere apologies for what happend back in October 2006.
Jill Lenfestey
General Manager
952-898-5050
JLenfestey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry I posted the wrong email it's
lenfestyjill@yahoo.com