Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cold Cold Sigh

Things at work have been pretty hectic for the last 2 weeks, causing my stress levels to be higher then normal. If I had any alcohol in my house I would have consumed it by now. Luckily (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) I don't, having recently decided once again I need to be careful with my habits. It's hard to find that good moderation point, so for now I'm just staying clear of keeping any in the house.

I used to really miss the cold when I was living in Idaho. I loved the first few winters back here. Okay, granted the first winter I wasn't working, but still! Cold weather was great. Cold weather meant I could wear big baggy sweaters to hide behind. Cold weather meant it was okay to stay indoors for 48 hours straight. Cold weather was an easy excuse to do nothing but veg out.

Now cold weather means I can't get outside to run or bike. It means exercising is going to cost money, one way or another. Either I get a membership or I buy new winter quality outdoor running gear. Cold weather now just plain sucks! I knew it was coming, I had just hoped it would hold off a little bit longer this year.

That isn't to say, next week won't be better. This is Minnesota after all, we could end up with 60 degree weather all of a sudden. Until then, Andrea has 4 more free passes to the YMCA that I will use up and when those run out, most likely get a membership there.

Speaking of the YMCA, we went tonight and dropped Megan off at daycare. When we came back to pick her up, the guy tried to tell us she took her first steps! What the hell!?!?! DON'T TELL US THAT! Oh man, I couldn't believe it. We rushed Megan home and tried to duplicate it, but no go - so we figure he just meant she took steps with assistance, which she has been doing for quite awhile. Apparently Megan didn't get the memo that she can't take her first steps with anyone but Mom and Dad!!

No comments: