Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Funk Minor

The body is amazingly resilient. Every day I'm glad that after a year of running, my body hasn't completely broken down on me. Tonight during my run, I had thoughts like what if this was my last run? What if something just snapped and I was never able to run again? What if I slipped a disk and my back never let me run? Again... all those fears trying to creep up. And for the record, I don't just come up with this crazy shit on my own. A guy I work with that ran the TC Marathon can no longer run due to back problems.

So speaking of resilient, I ran 9 miles tonight in the coldest weather ever. In shorts and t-shirt no less! It was probably 45 degrees and really windy. Your probably asking yourself, why didn't you just wear warmer clothes? Well... I'll let you pick the answer:
  1. I'm a super hardcore runner, who won't let the cold prevent me from running!
    -OR-
  2. I'm too cheap to buy good cold weather running gear.
I'm pretty sure the answer is B. The 10 day forecast isn't looking much better, so it might just be time to get that damn YMCA membership and stop whining about it.

I think a combination of the weather, work stress, and yes, even home stress has me in a little funk. This funk is by no means on the magnitude of my previous funk. But being that it has been 6 months since that one, I was about due.

I've been kinda disappointed I probably won't hit my goal weight by the end of the year. Actually, I'm not sure if I can actually get down to the weight I want to. No, that's a lie. I can probably get to that goal, I'm just not willing to do what it would take. (i.e. deny myself to even more extremes) It was a pretty arbitrary goal that I basically just pulled out of my ass, so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. But at the same time, I've hit so many other goals, I just want to hit this last one and be done with it. But that's just it... hitting that goal weight isn't "The End", it's just another new beginning.

Alright, enough ramblings from my crazy ass, and on to the real reason you are visiting my blog. Yes, I saved them until the end, so tough!


Megan doing a little Team Speak, talking to my World of Warcraft buddies.


Look out, it's the sock baby!


Ahhh... isn't that cute, L for Love!

I thought it would be fun to compare/contrast these next two pictures. What is interesting, is that they are only a MONTH apart. But she just seems so much taller in the second picture! I mean, her head is almost level with the keyboard now, where she had to look straight up at it before.


09/09/2006


10/16/2006

Thankfully, so far she has only caused something to print twice...

2 comments:

brent said...

go get some freaking wind pants and a hooded sweatshirt and get it over with! people who run in the winter tell me there is no reason i shouldn't be able to run outdoors in the winter so that is what i will tell you.
spend $50 for pants and a sweatshirt, spread that cost out over the course of the winter and BAM! its a reasonable price to pay to run outside for so many months.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Brent, quite whining about being cheap and go buy yourself some cold weather running clothes. Think about it, Shawn. What will cost more; your cold weather running clothes or a membership to the YMCA?

Also, the pictures of Megan are uber cute! I especially like the one with the headphones. The two comparison pictures are interesting. They also show that in one months time she has learned how to stand on her toes.