Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Yesterday started out on multiple down notes. First, I tried to get up early and not wake up Andrea so she could sleep in, only to leave my alarm clock on snooze. Opps... Then I got an early morning bike ride in, which by itself was a good thing. But I set my bike down in the drive way and proceeded to get ready to go somewhere, and then forgot I put it there... So I ended up backing up over my bike with my car. Awesome. It wasn't totally ruined, but it looks like the frame was bent enough to get the back wheel out of alignment. I might see if it is fixable, but as far as I'm concerned, that was my last bike ride of the season.

This morning I decided to go on my last long run of the season as well. The weather outside was perfect for a long run, and so I figured what the hell. I ran 13.1 miles at a 9mile / minute pace. Who needs organized events! It was a good way to cap off my out door running for this year. Odds are I will be getting a YMCA membership soon.



Today we are having a small birthday party for Megan. Just Megan's grandparents and my brother and his wife. Maybe next year we will go bigger, but for now we just wanted to have something small. I'll get lots of pictures and post them up tomorrow, but I just figured after the long day I wasn't going to want to blog tonight.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of my attempts at "baby proofing" my basement. For the most part, I think it works well. She can't access any of the wires, various components, or most importantly, my DVD racks. I've had to alphabetize my movies twice lately... Very annoying.


2 comments:

brent said...

what does the 1 surrounded by a box mean in the running diagram?

marathon training: think about it.

Shawn said...

The box with the number 1 in it, is just a way to see the summary of the whole run when you are looking at the graph. When you hover over it with the mouse, it pops up the information for the run.