Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Time for Change

It's weird how after I get home from work, in my head, it's the next day. It's Thursday to me, even though its not. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Wait, what was this post going to be about? Oh ya.

I originally bought my mp3 player back in Jan of 2006. After I got it, I put 26 songs on it. For 15 months, my mp3 player had those same 26 songs on it. 400+ miles of running, unknown number of biking miles, all to those same 26 songs. Yesterday, I finally changed the playlist. Now it has 46 songs on it, all different from the original 26. Right about now you might be wondering, who cares?

Cause sometimes I feel like my mp3 player is a metaphor for part of my personality. Change is good, right? Tonight, the new music was a great energizer to my run. It felt great... so why did I settle for the same 26 songs for 15 months? It's not my lack of music interests... Maybe partly my lack of available mp3's. (I only have 1.6 gig of music, not exactly a lot) But really I think it's just that I don't go out of my way to seek out new things as much as I should. I'm not saying I need to be going out buying things or taking extravagant vacations to exotic locations all the time, but I think it might do me some good to focus on the things I do enjoy and build on them to keep things interesting.

Btw.... TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES THIS WEEKEND!!! WOOHOOO!!

Embracing the goddess energy within yourselves...
will bring all of you to a new understanding and value of life.
A vision that inspires you to live and love on planet earth.

Like a priceless jewel.. buried in dark layers of soil and stone.
Earth radiates her brilliant beauty... into the caverns of space and time.

Perhaps your are aware of those who watch over your home.
And experience it as a place to visit and play with reality.
You are becoming aware of yourself as a game master.

No comments: