Sunday, March 25, 2007

Vacation... soon?

Might remember back in Nov, I was talking about vacation planning. Or in my case, lack of. I've been at my job for 9 months and I've used zero hours of vacation time. This must be some kind of crazy record for me. It's not like I haven't had any breaks. I had three floating holidays I had to use at the end of December or I'd lose them (they don't carry over year-to-year). And I've taken sick time here and there. Now I'm looking at having to use 5 days of vacation time before June, or I lose those also! (vacation goes year-to-year of your hire date... don't ask, its complicated)

Anyway, the point is, we got some fun things coming up. This weekend, we are going down to New Ulm for an overnight trip. Andrea's parents will be watching Megan for us. In April, we are going to go spend the day at the Water Park of America. Courtesy of free tickets provided by Andrea "Free Stuff" Anderson. Then in May, we are going to head up North for a romantic weekend get-a-way at Superior Shores. For that weekend, my Mom is going to watch Megan for the entire weekend! Should be interesting, she says she is going to Megan proof her house before then, but really - can anything be fully Megan proofed?

If all these little mini vacations weren't enough, I've even got one more planned just for me. I'm heading out to Boise at the end of October, all by my lonesome, for a 4-day weekend trip. I think it will be great to just see a couple of my old friends from back there. The other big reason I want to go back to is run a solid half-marathon along the Boise Green Belt. No specific event in mind, just running the thing I had access to for 5 years and never even used. To think I lived no more then a quarter mile from this wonderful running location all that time... I try not to have any regrets, but sometimes it's so hard not to.

Speaking of running, on a more positive note, I got outside today for a great run. It would have been a crime not to, with this great weather. I thought it was supposed to be cloudy and rainy today, not sunny and awesome! Bad news is that the battery on my distance monitor died, so I had no idea how far/long I was running. Here is the loop that I ended up running. It was great except for the fact that for the first 4 miles, I had the wind to my back the entire time (little did I know). The way home was a bit rough, but I managed. Now to relax and enjoy the rest of today!

No comments: