Saturday, March 11, 2006

46 degrees

It's getting late but I wanted to get a post up today, per my one post a day this month. Yesterday I went to a specialty running store that was recommended to me. I picked out a new pair of running shoes and then hit up Target for some running pants. Today was my first outdoor run, and the weather was pointing to some bad rain. My buddy who I was planning on running with called me and we both agreed we should head out early to beat the rain. So at 10am we started, it was 46 degrees and sorta windy out.

I'd say it was a great first outside run. The shoes were awesome, no pinching, firm fit. I did just over 3 miles and felt like I could probably do a little more. I'm glad I stuck to my plan though, because after I got home and rested for a few hours, I realized that I was sore in a few new places that I had never felt before when running on a treadmill. Thankfully, nothing in the knees or feet areas, so I think I'll be good to go in the coming weeks.

No comments: