Sunday, March 26, 2006

Outside run, take 2

Today was my second outdoor run attempt. Last weekend was obviously much too cold/snowy. For today's run, we went to Lake Harriet. It was pretty nice out, only cold for some parts of the run, but there were a LOT of people out. But it was my first run there, so I didn't let it get in the way of the fun.

I had planned on doing 4 miles, and of course ended up doing more. I haven't got the final numbers, but apparently we did a 10k in 59 minutes. A couple of the miles were hovering just above 9 minute pace! It felt good, and it helped that my running partner is very good at pushing himself (and thus, indirectly, me). Considering he got 2 people he knows to sign up for the 10k we are running, I'm not surprised! I'm not really sure if I was ready for another 6 mile run, but I did it anyway!

This week is going to be a slow down week I think. I'm going to take it easy on my tue/thur runs, and then this weekend I will (hopefully) get outside for my normally scheduled distance. I think my body is about ready for a break.

No comments: