Friday, March 03, 2006

The Day that Wasn't

Today was one of those days you just wish never even happened. It started out with me getting up at 4:50am in order to get to work early. My morning started out okay until I was blind sided by a conference call from one of our clients with 5+ people in a meeting. I tried my best to answer their questions but still felt like I just had no clue wtf I was talking about. That culminated into an email I got at 3:30pm that might indicate a problem with something that should have been found weeks ago before it was released. Sigh... As Andrea puts it, will it matter in 5 years? No... But that doesn't make today any easier.

I should look at the positive side. At least today is Friday, I have my entire weekend to look forward too. After this long ass stressful week, all I wanted was to have a bunch of screwdrivers and play some video games. But I can't because I also want to exercise at 8am tomorrow, and that doesn't lend itself well to having drinks tonight. Oh, the hell that I put myself through.

Then just when you think your day is officially crap, I put in a movie as I sat down to blog. I looked over and the DVD remote was on the couch next to Andrea so I told her to start the movie. She refused, and instead gave the remote to Megan. 5 seconds later... the movie started. Talk about washing away the day of crap. My daughter kicks ass!!

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

Wow, Megan is getting so big!

Shawn said...

Ya she is growing up fast, both her check ups put her in the top 95% percentile for height and weight. SHE'S A HUGE BIT... (movie quote btw)