Friday, March 24, 2006

Super Suppers

I realized I haven't done a full report on the Super Suppers that Andrea and I did. I figured today is a good as day as any, we are about half way through the meals.

First off, as I was sort of afraid, the portion size isn't exactly as they advertise. I kinda figured it would be that way. The first meal we had was Chicken Enchiladas. The pan was supposed to have 12 servings. Well, we ate it all in two sittings, so that means we each had 3 servings per meal. On the plus side, they were very good. First meal was a success.

Our second meal was pasta shells in marinara. Again, a 12 serving dish we ate in 2 nights. Also very good, probably because there was lots of cheese. I'd assume each meal was roughly 900-1000 calories, which is a bit high. Third meal was some chicken and rice, the chicken was in some kind of honey ginger sauce. It was not so good, the rice wasn't cooked well enough and/or we didn't reheat it right. Fourth meal was beef stuffed bread. It was a bread filled with strips of beef, onions, mushrooms and cheese. I wasn't to big on this one, but I was a little sick the night we were supposed to eat it. I'd give it one more shot.

Fifth meal was fish in a flash. Now this one was VERY good and really healthy. There were 6 servings, and we ate one serving of fish each night. The key here is that we added our own food into the mix. Rice one night, potatoes another, and veggies with each meal.

The latest meal we had was some twice baked potatoes, which by themselves are okay - but they don't really make a whole meal. I'll probably eat a few more before we throw some out.

Overall, I'd say we probably won't do it again. It was a fun experiment and I'm still looking forward to a few of the meals. (Fish tacos tomorrow night!). Andrea is also finding that she is actually missing preparing dinners. And honestly, her prepared meals are healthier then these frozen ones we are eating.

No comments: