Monday, March 27, 2006

Taking a day off work

It always starts out the same. I stayed up too late the night before perhaps. Maybe I just wake up with a headache. Or maybe I just don't feel like going in. Or in the case of today, my alarm was set to PM instead of AM so I woke up late. The result, I take the day off.

After that, every single time I end up going through the same series of emotions. At first, I feel good to be staying home. I usually start the morning off by checking my work email, and as always there tends to be a few things that make me go "Errr crap maybe I should have gone in today." From there, I try to let it go - maybe a few video games. Some movies, one of my favorite things to do on the days I stay home is watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. (yes, all 10+ hours of it)

From there, the my mood progressively gets worse as I continue to check email during the day. Maybe there is an issue someone needs my help with, or perhaps something from a long time ago decides to pick today to come up again. Whatever it is, it's always SOMETHING that just makes me pissed off I ended up staying home.

The final icing on the cake tends to be someone scheduling a meeting, either for the day I stayed home, or perhaps they schedule it for the next day. And why is it, my boss always ends up scheduling a meeting shortly after, to "Talk about how things are going"??? You might say, it's just coincidence. But if its coincidence, WHY DOES IT ALWAYS SEEM TO HAPPEN TO ME!?!? And further more, why does this shit happen to me right after seeing a movie (V for Vendetta) that has a main theme of "Nothing happens by coincidence?"

Who knows... these are just the crazy thoughts that go through my head on the days I decide to stay home. Sometimes I feel like it's just my stupid ass worrying self that makes my mood get worse and worse as the day goes on, but that doesn't help me shake them off.

So tomorrow, again just like after every day I end up taking off, I'll go into work super early and work late in my own little attempt to "make good" for my being lazy and not going in.

Sigh.

Well, if you've made it this far - blogger image uploads are working again so here are some good ones from the last 3 days.


GG (my newly appointed nickname for Grandma Gayle) went to Vegas!


Megan in a cute outfit to go see Grandma/pa Bieraugel.


Oh no... she has finally figured out how to pull the little toys out of her Exersaucer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No matter how crabby I feel about getting up at 5:15 am and going to work, my frown turns to a smile when I look at your blog and see Megan pics. Jeez, she's a doll and yes, I'm biased.
GG