Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Are those my feet?

Blogger image uploads are still not working for me, so I did things the old fashioned way. I wanted to show everyone Megan's current favorite thing to do:


Anytime she can, she grabs her feet now. Changing her, feeding her, anytime she is waking up from a nap in her crib. BAM, grabs the feet. It's pretty cute. She has 2 teeth now, the 2nd bottom front one started coming in a few days ago. And one last development... she seems to be getting her 2nd dimple in. Is that even possible? All her smiles so far have only had 1 dimple on her right cheek, but now she is starting to have one on her left cheek. Weird!


There is the new TV... the poor delivery guys had to go all the way around my back yard in the snow. I felt bad for making Andrea deal with all that, but there wasn't a whole heck of a lot I could do. So far, the TV is awesome. I'm contemplating taking off the front cover shield to reduce on glare and make the picture brighter. The only problem is, I have no "safe" place to store it if I did take it off. So I don't know...

Tonight I ran... hard. I started out at a 5.7 mph pace and after 12 mins upped it to 6. When I hit my 2.5 miles (scheduled mileage), I jacked it up some more. Next thing I know I'm at 7 mph pace and 3.5 miles in 35 mins. I ran out of some parts frustration and some parts anger. Frustration for situations that seem out of my control. And anger at myself for not having the strength to take control of them.

It seems like a lot of people I work with are only there because they'd rather have a job then be looking for one. Now, instead of being able to ignore that and just be "the guy doing some work", I'm in the same boat as them. On the one hand, it's somewhat of a bonding thing knowing we are all in the same situation. But at the same time, I have to ask myself: Can I goto work for the next who knows how long, knowing I'm being asked to do a job I may never be able to "succeed" at because the knowledge I need to do this job can only be found in the heads of other people? And even people that have been doing this job for 5+ years are still having to goto other people for help?

3 comments:

brent said...

what happened to the shawn who always lived by the motto that work was just work? a job is a job? this is so interesting! what happened man?

Shawn said...

I originally started to get into "whys" of all that, but I had to cut it out for length. Maybe if I'm really motivated I'll get into it tonight.

Anonymous said...

Well, everyone likes feeling successful at work, even Shawn. He may portray a who cares attitude but I know the real Shawn. He cares, sometimes too much!