Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Day 1 of the Blog-A-Thon

Today is Andreas birthday. To celebrate we went to a new local restaurant called Copper Bleu. What's funny is how many people I knew that have already checked it out. I won't begin to attempt to review it because I can't. Why? I'm too cheap. I'm normally not a big fan of fancy restaurants. To me, no single meal is worth $70-$100 dollars. Maybe I just don't get it, or maybe I can't appreciate the finer things in life. Don't get me wrong, I know what good food tastes like. In the same way I know what good vodka tastes like. But expensive vodka gets you just as drunk as cheap vodka. Same goes for food.

Regardless, Andrea and I are pretty thrifty so even the "fancy" restaurant prices don't scare us. For 2 dinners and 2 desserts, our check was only $40 dollars. At first I was going to give the waitress a 10% tip because as I said, I'm cheap. But while checking my drivers license for my credit card she commented on how I've lost weight. That was enough to bump her up to 20% tip. Flattery will get you every where.

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

Wow. Getting out of Copper Bleu for $40 with two desserts is unbelievable. Linzy and I were well over that, even without dessert.

Of course we both got a glass of wine, which probably added $15 to the bill.

brent said...

hey man. tell andrea happy bday. i just got back from my biz trip tonight. been gone since monday morning. i'll give you a call prob on sunday or maybe saturday? i will email you...