Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sure Happy It's Thursday

I ran another 5 miles in 55 minutes tonight. The gym was finally somewhat empty for a change. I'm sure the outside temperatures had something to do with it. Fine by me! More people outside, less people I have to fight for a parking spot and locker space. I'm getting some weird pains in odd locations lately. Most recent is a pain in my lower right side, almost like a pulled muscle. But I have no clue what could be pulled. Not to mention my right shoulder problem that has been going on for at least the last 3 weeks. It doesn't hurt or feel sore or anything, but when I lift my arm in JUST the right way, it hurts like HELL. I know - so just don't do that.

I realized that in order to accomplish my goal of posting every day I was going to have to start posting about the one thing I have never posted about: Work. I don't know, I guess I just have this irrational fear of getting fired because of something I posted on my blog. I'm sure we've all read about it happening. Not that anyone at work even knows I have a blog, but I digress...

Recently at work, I got what I like to call, a promotion through attrition. Someone who interviewed me, trained me in, was a mentor and also somewhat of our team lead decided to leave the company. She was going to be a stay at home Mom for her new 10 month old. (first child). I can totally understand her desire to do that, hell that's why Andrea is staying home. Unfortunately for me, they decided I should take on some of her tasks. Thankfully not the team leader tasks. (approving time reports, collecting status reports, etc.) No way did I want to do that... But even so, the other set of tasks they have me doing are stuff that a person with 6+ years of experience with this company was doing. It's not technical type tasks, but things that really required knowledge about the business. Long story short, her last day was Tuesday and I'm already stressed out on Thursday. I know I'll survive and muddle my way through things somehow, but the fear of screwing up is looming over everything I do. Needless to say, it's been hard to get up for work this week.

No comments: